Friday, March 22, 2013

Springing into the Weekend + Some Things That Caught My Attention

nikki.jane

What a week it has been. As we head into the first weekend of Spring (yippee!), I thought I'd give a shout out to a few things that recently caught my attention. 

Design on the Fly | The 6-Week, One Room Challenge hosted by Linda of Calling it Home wrapped up this week and all participants showcased their final reveals. There were of course some pretty amazing results from all those talented gals. But I have to say, Linda's new foyer really just blew me away. What a transformation. Light, bright and contemporary. I love all the thought she put into each re-purposed piece that she placed in that space. 

Mirrored Masterpiece | Speaking of reveals, how cool was Albertina's painted mirror? I love that she got inspiration from something she saw in the background of an image she posted and made her own version happen. Just so cool. 

3 Minute Fiction | For weeks, I've been listening to the submissions for NPR's 3-Minute Fiction writer's contest. This year's theme had all writing from the perspective of a voicemail message. The winner was just revealed and though I had some other favorites, that entry probably resonates with an emotion many of us have felt at some point. In true NPR fashion, you can also click on a link to listen to the story as read on All Things Considered.

Give Up Shampoo? | Sarah's post has me thinking it I might try. My sister, the hairstylist, might have a few thoughts of her own for me though.

Wearstler Inspired DIY | I had a reveal of my own this week! If you missed it, pop on back to see how I married up my love of all things stone, gold and cactus in a Kelly Wearstler inspired piece of pottery.


Happy {Spring} Weekend!
SHARE:

3 comments

Kristen said...

OK Linda's final reveal was pretty amazing. Seriously love all that white moulding. Totes going to give Albertina's DIY a try!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Erin, you are just the sweetest. Thanks for the mention, and I am so happy you like my space. Albertina's mirror is a must try for me.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Linda's entry way!! I'm obsessing over it!

xoxo, Emily

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig