Thursday, March 14, 2013

Design Trend // Single Bulb Pendant

  

I actually remember where I first spotted this trend. It wasn't in a magazine or on a blog, but the focal point in a store that had just been opened in our local mall. The single bulb pendants that hung straight down the center of the shop were (and still are) a show stopper. 

But this lighting trend has grown some legs in the years since and is now consistently used in bedrooms and kitchens from California to Oslo. I like it, did I tell you that yet? Especially in some of its latest incarnations - globe, Edison or silver tipped bulb; brass socket, neon cord. I've thought long and hard about whether or not I want to incorporate this idea into a room in my own home. But to my own dismay, it just doesn't feel like the right fit and I think it better not to force it.

But look at how it draws in the eye and becomes a statement in these rooms.








 

    


       


What's your take on this lighting scheme? 
Is it too trendy or something you'd work into your own design plan?

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
SHARE:

2 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I like it in these spaces....but its not my aesthetic exactly. I could maybe use this look if I had several of them hanging near each other at varying heights...I think I would like that...warming up the look a bit. But I think they look in the spaces above.

jackie jade said...

i like it the best over the nightstands - adds some height and something to look at about the tables. i like it over the kitchen island too. i think they look best over something as opposed to floating in room. it's a cool trend!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig