Monday, March 18, 2013

Holtwood House // Wallpaper Considerations


I've been spending a lot of time lately, researching and mulling over wallpaper options for three rooms in our home. While I've settled on the walls for our kitchen dining area, I'm still tossing around a couple of ideas for the two bathrooms. These two areas are still somewhat of a blank slate and the paper will undoubtedly be at the only additional upgrade for both spaces- with the exception of lighting, cabinet hardware and plumbing fixtures which have already gone in. We are still a long way out from any tile work in the respective shower areas. Both countertops will also need replacing. But I think we can work with what we have in there for now.

So with that background, I'm still pushing towards getting some paper up on the walls and the beauties above are currently up for consideration. 

For our guest bath, I'm really leaning toward Abigail Edward's Seascape

Our master is the space giving me the most heartache. It's the oddest little vanity nook/separate shower room combo. I'm sure back in 1967, it was cutting edge stuff. But I'd love nothing more than to break down the barrier wall and expand it into one giant bathroom someday. However at this point, I think we're just looking to upgrade the vanity area and make her do for now. 

I'm already a little partial to the Hicks or the Medina for those walls. 

And... this masterpiece is the selection for the kitchen dining area:

Erika Wakerly // Angles in White/Silver

With the light bouncing off of the metallic pattern, it's even prettier in person.
SHARE:

6 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

oooohhh...I have been tossing around wallpaper around too....so I'm familiar with some of these...I love the angles in white and the seascape....You can't go wrong with those! And I'm really liking the Little Havana one!! Let us know of your final choice!

Anonymous said...

Eeeee! I'm so excited for your picks! I am dying to put some wallpaper up in our house too! My best friend had the David Hicks hexagon one in a small space in her home and it really made an impact. It's so bold, but beautiful!!!!! Can't wait to see what you choose! xoox

Unknown said...

I don't know if I've seen Little Havana in a space before- very nice! I love the Seascape one too though. Have fun choosing- I'm sure it'll be gorgeous no matter what!

Unknown said...

So many gorgeous options! I'm also loving the Little Havana. The Large Marble is really beautiful too. It has a almost watercolor feel to me, which I think would lend itself to framed panels too!

celine [starbies and sangrias] said...

Medina!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

I'm also loving Little Havana the best! That being said they all look pretty great so I'm sure whatever you choose will do wonders in your bathroom!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig