Thursday, March 21, 2013

Rise From the Ashes // Decorating With Vintage Ashtrays

I like a space with a good mix of modern and vintage pieces. While vintage furniture can get pricey, accessories offer a more wallet-friendly opportunity to incorporate a little yesteryear into your decor. One of my favorite ways to do this is by using mid-century ashtrays as catch-alls throughout the house. 

Today, I'm sharing a few of my latest Etsy finds.


Etsy and eBay both offer so many options to choose from. Re-purposing these gems- many of which are collectible - allows you to incorporate color, shape and even texture to your console or coffee table. There are even different ways to let your own personality shine through as well; from branded restaurant and highway souvenirs, to amoeba shaped kitsch, to high end, hand blown Italian thoroughbreds, the options are endless. Local thrift stores offer expedience, but may not deliver the selection. 

Nevertheless, keep your eyes peeled! 
Half the fun is the hunt (and let's face it, the day the UPS truck stops at your doorstep).

From top right: 
SHARE:

6 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I love all of these! I have always loved ashtrays. Not sure why, maybe because my dad was a heavy smoker when I was little and so my mom had a beautiful collection of trays....they add sophistication I think. They are kind of naughty no? You are so funny with your numbers!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, I have never thought of this! I laughed to myself thinking that if blogs were around 50 years ago, every "how to style your coffee table" post would include an ash tray.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for picking out such gorgeous ashtrays!!! That turquoise and gold one is perfection!! I'd love a green glass one also!!! You know what else I would really love? One of those vintage cigarette lighters? I think they are pretty sweet! Hopefully it wouldn't make me want to take up smoking again ;) xoxo

designstiles said...

How funny, I picked up an ashtray at the flea market several years ago and it really is only decorative. Number 12 is so chic!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with sixty-five! It would go great with the new shaggy rug we just got for the livingroom :)

Mark Hurst said...

I am in love with twenty five. It will go great with my Traditional Rug . Thanks for sahring such amazing Vintage Ashtrays.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig