Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3 Things I Want To Make // Concrete Edition

I tend to get hung up on a material or project medium and when I do, anything and everything I see becomes doable with it. The Mister has labeled these phases my "little kicks". At the moment, I'm kicking around easy on the wallet projects made out of concrete.

Weekday Carnival // Concrete Table
This table top would be great for dinners outdoors - or I can even see it topping that potter's bench I'm intent on making out in the vegetable garden. Polished and sealed, it would hold up nicely to the elements and resist spills and stains. 

Monsterscircus // Concrete Votives
These gilded concrete candleholders made from food cartons would strike just the right balance of unfussy + fancy at our next summertime soiree. 

Martha Stewart // Hypertufa Planters
I always like to put a handmade touch on a gift. What a perfectly thoughtful, yet inexpensive option this would make. I could see these working well as swag for wedding guests at a minimalist or rustic affair.
SHARE:

8 comments

Trissta said...

Yes! I love concrete! It's a great medium to do things with (especially those planters!!!) and is DURABLE! Love it!

Much Love,
Trissta

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

These are beautiful! I love the candle votives. I checked out the DIY and did not seem too difficult. WHen I read concrete I was a little scared....I would file this one under challenging DIY (in my book!). But I really love the look. You always have such different ideas. I love getting inspired when I come here.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

grande idea my friend! then you can sell them on etsy too and i will buy one!

Kristen said...

I don't know why but concrete seems a little scary to me. If you do it you have to let us know if it was difficult because these all looks like really good ideas.

Anonymous said...

Love them all! I would love having that table in my to-be patio space :)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I have wanted to do those planters 4-ev-er! I hope you do some. BTe, this is the third time I am trying to get through the word verification,

Soul Pretty said...

concrete containers....hum????

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I commend you sister, can't wait to see what you come up with!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig