Monday, March 4, 2013

Plans for a Spring Vegetable Garden


The high in LA topped 80 degrees on Saturday and just like that, our last frost was clearly behind us and Spring arrived early in Southern California. I'll confess that my internal calendar has been a little ahead of schedule anyway. With one harvest now behind me - a real learning experience about sunlight, water and growth times I might add- I've been doing a lot of planning and plotting for the perfect Spring vegetable garden. 


Williams-Sonoma has a relatively new Agrarian shop on their website with both helpful gardening tips and products to match. I'm deferring to the harvest calendar they have on their website to help me get the appropriate veggies in the ground in time for summer. Simply find your zone and click on the relative number up top to get a beautiful, easy to print guide to all the options you have to get in the ground right now.

I'm also counting on adding a few of these helpers to my shed's repertoire:



one | two | three | four | five | six


SHARE:

6 comments

Kristen said...

Yay for spring! I literally came out of my house for the first time after 5 days in bed and it was spring! I felt like a bear that hibernated through winter. I just hope this warmth sticks around.

jackie jade said...

so jealous for your warm weather! i can't wait to (attempt to) garden once it gets warm in my neck of the woods!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait until spring finally makes its way to Michigan! I've started doing some early planning for my garden as well...thanks for the heads up about Williams Sonoma!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

It's been so nice- particularly last Friday and Saturday. Glad you are feeling better!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Cold weather is no fun when we're this close to Spring!

On another note, your post inspired dinner the other night. We kicked up our ramen with a bunch of fresh veggies. Made all the difference!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Yeah, check out that section on the WS website. It's packed with all kinds of planning and planting tips - even recipes using ingredients from your own garden. Thought it had some really good stuff there!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig