Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Make This} The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...Ever.


My hunt for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe {ever} might have just come to a screeching halt. I'm talking crispy crunchy top crust with chewy chocolatety center madness. I don't want to oversell it, but as far as I'm concerned, G. over at Kiss My Spatula killed it with this take on the infamous Jacques Torres recipe

In the end, I'm betting it's those tweaks that made all the difference in the world. The rolled oats (something I've always done as well) and a true revelation to me- orange zest, added just the right...something... that sets this recipe apart. I might have even snuck in one other tweak- a splash of almond extract for good measure. And no, your eyes do not deceive you. These babies get finished off with a sprinkle of grey sea salt. 

Cookies so good, that indeed they will break your heart.
SHARE:

No comments

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig