Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Project Reveal // Custom Clothes Hamper

I've been crushing hard on those West African style woven hampers for quite some time now. But most that I've come across have been out of reach budget-wise. I just can't personally justify spending upwards of $100 on a basket to hold dirty clothes, particularly when I need to prioritize spending on other projects around here. But golly are they pretty and I've always told myself that someday if I had one of my own, I'd always make sure to pick my clothes up off the floor.

I scored big time while perusing Home Goods the other day. I mean big time. One of the things I took home with me was a big ol' basket with the fluted lid, a pretty remarkable substitute for those I've seen elsewhere. The colors were all wrong, but I quickly recalled another basket version I'd been looking to incorporate in my decor and well, this this quick and easy DIY was born.

Time from start to finish:  10 minutes  //  Total cost: $30


SHARE:

2 comments

Kristen said...

LOVE. So cute! I'm on the hunt of a new hamper too. Isn't Homegoods the best?

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

It's the best! Some trips are better than others and this last trip was exceptionally good.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig