Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{Fresh Ideas} Julie Hillman at Pound Ridge

Today I thought I'd spotlight some of the fresh design features in this kitchen designed by Julie Hillman. I happened upon the image a couple of months back and it just sort of jumped off the screen at me screaming Fall. It's easy to imagine the smells coming from a pot of hearty soup on that stovetop or freshly baked bread from the oven, no?

I love the interplay between rustic and modern. It's very much a farmhouse at heart, but brought current with chrome details, white stoneware and sleek glass containers placed throughout the space.  Recessed lighting casts the perfect warm glow in what might have otherwise been a darker room with limited natural light.  But what I love most about it is that I can easily imagine my own family bellying up to the table mid-afternoon to nosh and share a cup of coffee over an old story.



See more of Julie's masterful design work at Pound Ridge on her very fresh and uncomplicated website.


SHARE:

1 comment

Kristen said...

Love this space! I've been really into rustic modern chic at of late. Those open shelves are pretty much amazing and who wouldn't love a fireplace in their kitchen?!?

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig