Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Family Dinner


It's amazing how last minute, informal gatherings can also be some of the most memorable. An unfussy rustic and seasonal menu, some candles and wine shared with family gathered around the dinner table made Saturday evening nearly perfect in my eyes. 

We roasted rainbow carrots, cut long and lengthwise. We grilled bone-in double thick pork chops rubbed with garlic and peppercorn. Then, we polished it all off with a homemade, crumble top apple pie that you all must make for yourselves. My first apple pie and I tell you, I was thanking my lucky stars that there was one piece left over for me to savor the next night. 

It all made for one of the best in a long time. 
SHARE:

1 comment

Lexi said...

I absolutely love roasted carrots! Sounds like fun.
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig