Monday, August 13, 2012

...and Checking Out { A Vegas Recap }

When I checked in this morning, I let you know that my wanderlust got the best of me last week and I decided to check out for a little spontaneous Vegas holiday.

I have to say, Las Vegas truly did not disappoint. As usual, we sunned ourselves and ate and imbibed. But in another spontaneous (and fortuitous) maneuver, we decided to extend out our flight home. That made all the difference in the world this time around.

With LA's proximity to this desert mecca, I've spent many quick turn weekends in Vegas. Hell, that's where The Mister and I met! My typical M.O.- arrive Friday just in time to hit the town, spend Saturday in the pool, Saturday night in the club and get the hell out of dodge first thing in the morning. But on this trip, we spent the better part of two afternoons walking new hotels and tasting some of the greatest food this country has to offer. I felt a little WOWED at every turn and that was so refreshing to find in a place so familiar.


WHERE WE ATE:  
Mornings at Bouchon Bakery // Grimaldi's for Pizza // Poutine at Public House // Gelato at Cocolini // Dinner at Capital Grille // Snacked on the cheeseboard at Otto // Peel and eat shrimp at Margaritaville

WHAT WE SAW:
Chocolate window displays at Aria // The most beautiful lobby bar EVER at The Cosmpolitan // Modern-boho at Jaleo (The Cosmpolitan) // Industrial at Public House (The Venetian) // Modern Greek at Milos (The Cosmopolitan) // Tree-house Dining (Maestro's Steakhouse at Crystalis)



We spent the whole of Saturday sipping Greyhounds with all the party people from The Venetian Pool and then retreated to a relaxing dinner with a spectacular view of the lighting storm in the distance on Saturday night.

But one of the most awe-inspiring sights of the trip were the digital columns in the lobby at The Cosmopolitan Hotel, which would catch you off guard by periodically changing scenes. My pictures don't do them justice. But I think that's the case with most of what you see in Vegas. In a place constantly blurring the lines of reality, it can only be experienced to be believed.

SHARE:

1 comment

jas said...

looks awesome!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig