Monday, June 11, 2012

Scenes from My Weekend


Remember the ugliest dormer ever? It's still offensive, but slightly less so now that it got a coat of dark paint. That's my Pops up there, working away to paint all the little do-dads on the roof. I can't believe what a difference it made to paint all the vents and fireplace the same color. 


Your eyes do not deceive you! Holtwood House is now sporting a minty fresh front door and sparkling new threshold. I'll share a more true to life picture once we finish off the porch with a few other items on our list.


Just to prove to you that it's not all work and no play around here, most of the weekend was making the rounds to spend time with family. On Saturday, my Uncles and I drove into Pasadena for lunch at Houston's. On the way in, I spotted this gate and snapped a pic because the woodwork is exactly what we're going for with the screen that will flank the front of the house here shortly. 


The miracle of flavors that was my lunch at Houston's. It may look like just a tuna roll with a pile of greens on the side. But meant to be eaten together, the Spicy Tuna Salad was one of the best meals I've had in a long while and I thought about it long after we had left to take in some shopping in town.


This is my Nephew Bryce and Niece Bird. Bird had a big swim party to celebrate her 6th birthday this past weekend. Remember those tassel necklaces I shared on Friday? Score 1 for Auntie. The Bird was tickled pink when she opened them up.


This one... oh this one... This would be the most content and happy baby on the planet, otherwise known as my niece Hailey. I think I held her all day.


Spent a lot of time lounging around with Dylan this weekend. I know he was happy to have me take a leave of absence from work in the backyard and put in a little time with him.  


The Mister and I capped off the weekend with a little Italian fare at one of our favorite haunts- Sabatino's in Newport Beach. Thank goodness there are some leftovers for lunch to help kick off the week and make Monday just a little easier... 


SHARE:

1 comment

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

LOVING that mint door! So fun! And you look gorgeous in that pic.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig