Thursday, June 14, 2012

Point of View


I came across this South African beach bungalow featured on the House and Leisure website and have gone back several times to view the images again and again. Perhaps it's wanderlust getting the best of me, but there was something in the accompanying article that also struck a chord. Most of us don't have the fortune of living on idyllic beachfront property. But even when we were renting just a little back house with a small plot of yard, I always valued the idea of letting the outdoors influence what was going on inside. I feel this even more today, as much of the backside of our house is open to the pool deck and yard. In some ways, I've spent more time trying to perfect the scene outside the windows than what lies on the other side of the panes.



Images via House and Leisure // Text Vicki Sleet  // Styling Tracy Lee Lynch  // Photographs Micky Hoyle




SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I've never heard that quote before but it def. made me think! ... and I think I agree!

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

OMG it's insanely gorgeous!!!!!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig