Monday, June 18, 2012

Poolside Awnings

When I think about the pool decks at some of my favorite hotels, one of the things that always comes to mind are the glamorous striped and piped awnings of the cabanas that lay about them. 

Looking beyond the hotel cabana, I've always loved the idea of adding an awning directly to the house for a more for polished poolside look back home.

Via
Via
Via
Via
Via
Via

Sorta still says "vacation" doesn't it? 

We realized early on that a Mortgage and all of the things that come with it would no longer allow The Mister and I to skip out of town and enjoy a hotel pool as often as we used to. So when we were house hunting, one of the things on our wish list was a swimming pool of our own that would help make those "stay-cations" a little more fun. 

Of course, we knew we'd want to also make it a little more hotel-like as well and that an awning would help us achieve that look. 

Remember that little project I said I was working on? It's nearly done and I hope to share a sneak peek this week. I hope you'll check back and see the end result. It's a little thrilling.


SHARE:

3 comments

elissae said...

Yes yes yes!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Girl I LOVE the Viceory/Palm Springs inspired outdoor look. That is SO much more "Me" than English garden or anything else. LOVE STRIPES! Let's have a cocktail under the cabana!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig