Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

While perusing the local perfume counter over the Holidays, I discovered a to-die-for scent that I've quickly added to my wish list.  Like for real.


First off- you have to know this about me. I am scent-sensitive. Most of the sugary sweet, musky, powdery potions that line the counter will fast track me to a migraine. But I like the bottles. All the colors, the unique shapes and sizes and bold gold labels. And it certainly was that gold label and swimming pool-like quality of the glass that drew me in. But this... this heaven in a bottle fragrance made me take three trips back to get another whiff. I don't know if I could've dropped any more hints to the lady behind the counter to slip me a little sample (note to self- just ask next time!). Alas, I came to my senses and returned home empty handed.

Forlorn, back in front of the computer again, I googled the scent... seriously considering a quick online purchase that I would have little time to talk myself out of. It was then that I saw them. The ads. Just as hypnotizing as that shiny glass bottle.


I won't post all of the NSFW pics here. But let's just say they certainly make bath time look fun.

Yes, bath time. Apparently what I stumbled on is a re-launch of a popular Private Blend scent, now accompanied by several ancillary products that include a body oil, moisturizer, bar soap, scrub and shower gel. Infused with notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin, lavender, myrtle, rosemary, neroli, orange blossom water and woody amber accord, the intoxicating fragrance is intended to evoke "the seductive essence of the Italian coast". Explains my infatuation.

In the interest of full disclosure, Tom Ford is in no way paying me for this post. Tom Ford doesn't even know I exist. But I'm smitten with his scent and here's wishing I'll be here typing away smelling like the Italian Coast real soon.

Via 1 / 2


SHARE:

No comments

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig