Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekend Progress + Some Thoughts


I am so happy it's Friday! This year has started out pretty productive and while I try to fit in some personal project work during the work-week, real progress truly happens on those two little days between this one and the next. This weekend I'm targeting both the dining room wall (Pops is back! - that's him doing some prep work just ahead of that long awaited paper) and some necessary yard clean up. The Santa Ana winds have been howling for nearly a week around these parts (and it's been pushing 90 all week-- in January!) and the yard is just a dusty, windblown mess. Saturday, my Pops is teaching me how to hang wallpaper. Here's hoping all goes smoothly... 

I also wanted to highlight a few things that had my attention over the course of this week - some that made me really think and others that had me a bit excited...

Mind This | I'm really enjoying Design Sponge's 'Mindfulness' series. This particular post articulated a lot about what I've been feeling lately. I think I've slowly been evolving to a similar Need + Love formula myself.

The Most Unselfish Gesture | Did you come across this story? I had no words... I sat and read through it twice and tried to put myself in every single person's shoes and see it as they experienced it. He says he did it to make himself feel better. I think it was one of the most unselfish acts I've ever heard.

Fan Fare | Those close to me will understand the utter joy and excitement this news from Rolling Stone brings to me.

Up for a challenge? | Goop has teamed up with Food52 on a little contest? Are you game?  I'm considering it...

Have a good weekend friends... 

SHARE:

1 comment

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

hat man was so sweet!! I teared up when I read it. Just wonderful. My father-in-law passed away recently and I can see my mother-in-law struggling. She keeps very busy but her heart is just broken. So this story really touched me. Your pop is the cutest. I forget what wallpaper you are using there.....did you tell us?
Enter the contest!! Do it!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig