Thursday, January 9, 2014

Around Here // Lewis Dolan Bar Pulls


Sometimes its the little details and not the dramatic transformations that bring the most satisfaction. At a time where still - every room in the house can be called "unfinished" and we're already in the midst of planning bigger renovation projects for the Spring, I can't tell you how excited I was when the UPS driver rang our doorbell on Christmas Eve with one more itty bitty package I had nearly forgotten all about.  I might as well have won the lottery when I tore it open that night, for I had long admired the Lewis Dolan Bar Pull Collection and knew somewhere along the line I'd find just the right place to display it at Holtwood House.


We had painted off the set of oak built-ins sitting in our entry-way. But there they have sat, naked for nearly 4 years now. Truth be told, the cabinets are built so that no hardware is needed to open them so it wasn't at the top of our punch list to adorn them with unnecessary ornamentation while we attended to well, other more necessary expenses elsewhere in the house. It's funny though how desire sometimes necessitates need and that's what happened with these particular pulls. Eventually I had to have them.


The day they went on, it's like a little beam of light was shining down on our entry. They added just the right amount of polish and put us just over the finish line so that at last, we could now call this space complete.

Note: I ordered the Bar Knobs in Brushed Brass from myknobs.com. They were fast to ship, competitive and I couldn't have been more pleased with my purchase. 
SHARE:

5 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Stunning!! They really make it look special. I adore these too!!! We jsut put them in in my husband's desk and they look SO chic!! great minds think alike!

Unknown said...

I have these in my laundry room and adore them. I want more! Yours look wonderful. Hope you have the greatest year ahead! xo Nancy

Kristen said...

So pretty! They finish the cabinets off perfectly!

jackie jade said...

these are so lovely and look so perfect on the cabinets!
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Thehouseofhampton said...

PERFECTION!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig