Monday, October 14, 2013

The Proof is in the Packaging // MAC 2013 Holiday Sets

It's been a long time since I got really excited over a beauty product- especially a limited time collection I'd not be able to replenish once I ran out. But you see, I had a bit of a sneak peak at the upcoming 'Divine Night' holiday collection by MAC Cosmetics and truth be told, it was a case of love at first sight. Whereas in years past, I all but passed on a purchase due to either lackluster packaging or palettes that were too bubble-gum for Winter, I really think MAC got it right when designing this one. In full disclosure, I have a sister that works for the company. But had I walked past the make-up counter on my own, I would have been just as anxious to get my hands on a couple of these beautiful retro-chic zippered pouches with all their moody metallic fillings. They're so Gatsby meets L.A.M.B. Bold, clutch-worthy and useable from New Years through next Summer. 
And don't even get me started on the white brushes.
 




Some standouts for me: Obviously the brush set. I also loved all three nail colors (but especially the gilded 'military' which was truly lovelier in person than any image could convey) and the liquid shadow paint pots ('genuine treasure' is indeed one). 

You can pre-order the collection in stores beginning November 7. But I strongly urge you not to wait too long... you'll be sorely disappointed to find a few fast become favorites already out of stock by Black Friday.


SHARE:

5 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

oh wao!!! beautiful!! I love MAC....I may need something of this for my christmas list.

Thehouseofhampton said...

I'm scrolling down the page thinking, okay...Then I see it! The first color pallet of eye colors, and I melted. Beautiful!!!
A must have . Thank you for showing this collection as I have a new purchase to make.
Sharon
@novaraway

Kristen said...

So chic. I love these limited edition collections for holiday gifts.

jackie jade said...

oooh this looks awesome and you're right - the packaging is so good. and i do need new brushes anyways, so need to check this out!
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Atascocita Gutter Cleaning said...

Thanks great blog poost

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig