Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pin Up Girl

Via
I'm working on some updates to my own Home Office and one of the areas I am focusing on is the little corner where all my fabric, paint and wallpaper samples, torn magazine images and precious photos get pinned up for visual inspiration. I've learned over the years that my mood tends to take it's cue from my surroundings and while things like Pinterest and my daily blogroll are great digital inspiration destinations, the stuff that makes the wall in my own home is essentially a hand-picked, tangible and very personal collection of what is moving and shaking me on any given day. I change it out frequently, but to me, it's the best of that day's best and I'm looking for some more inventive and attractive ways to showcase it.

Here are some of the creative ideas I'm mulling over.

Colorful Washi Tape / Via
It's colorful and the tape and composition lend themselves to quick interchangeability. 
A full wall collage / Via
If I knew that my collection would be somewhat permanent, this monochromatic, carefully curated display would be ideal.
Clothes-pined to a decorative screen / Via
Tacked up on raw wood / Via
A real possibility. Renovation projects have left us with a pile of scrap pieces that could be put to use.
All framed up /  Via
Probably the closest example of what I have going on there now, except that this display is far more organized. What I like most about it is that it goes beyond images and incorporates precious artifacts. 

A neat and orderly wall of cork / Via
This would undoubtedly help me feel more organized, but I might not be able to commit to cork wallpaper.
A multi-dimensional display / Via

SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! That first image is amazing! I need to update my pinboard, and love the idea of it stretching across a whole wall!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Love this look!!!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig