Monday, April 9, 2012

Exterior Renovation Update {04.09.12}

The last couple of days have brought lots of activity to Holtwood House. I love waking up when projects are in full effect, the sounds of hammer, drill and saw in the background playing like a productive little symphony as I gulp down my morning cup.  It means progress and that by sundown, things will look a whole lot different around here.



I learned that we are quite the talk of the neighborhood and met several new neighbors out on their morning walks, all interested in knowing what we were finally going to do with this place. Until now, we've greeted each other only with friendly hellos while I've watered and they've speed walked down the sidewalk tethered to their dogs. But the renovation has given us new occasion to talk and that's been one more happy little side effect to the commotion.



While the work continued on the house, Saturday's balmy weather delivered one of the best days in the garden I've had in some time. I finally worked up the courage to clean up the lemon tree that has sort of taken over the side yard. Two very scratched up arms later and I had myself a little house arrangement created from the discards, just in time for the Easter holiday.



Wishing you all a productive and happy week!
SHARE:

2 comments

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So fun! I bet you can't wait to see all the finished changes. It's looking great so far!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Michelle said...

How fun!!! Can't wait to see the end result :) So obsessed that you have a lemon tree! I want one so bad!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig