Thursday, April 18, 2013

This Just Arrived


I first laid eyes on it over 5 years ago.  We were scouting wedding locations and the Palm Springs house we eventually selected had a large print hanging in the entryway. The house was a dream, but I had stars in my eyes for Slim Aarons.  I told The Mister even then that someday a copy would hang in our own home, even if it was itty bitty. I made him promise.

It's become trendy now, particularly in the blogosphere and while it's usually my style to run right in the other direction when that starts to happen, this time, my affection was undeterred.


Affordable copies are hard to come by and then one day, I stumbled upon Surface View, a UK based print house with rights to a collection of Slim Aaron's works. I quickly found that I could affordably order it in nearly any size I wanted - even cover a wall with it.

Still, it has sat way down on the list of priorities during our reno. 

And then at last... 

It arrived the other day in the most beautiful, thoughtfully wrapped package. Customer service with Surface View reminds me of the good old days when companies went to great pains to ensure their customers were happy. It could not have been a better experience. They were communicative, polite and quick to ship. The care they took to preserve the print for shipping was more than I could have hoped for. 

Finally, at 11pm last night, I decided that I could not wait any longer and so it was hung on the empty wall that has sat waiting for it for the last two years.


So, so satisfied.
SHARE:

4 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

What a happy moment!! It is amazing! I love this photograph! This is a love affair indeed....if it has withstood the test of time like this then its wasn't a crush but real love. I love his work too and will be happy to explore this site you mentioned. WIll they be so hard to resist? I can't wait to see pricing...Enjoy the View!!

Kristen said...

LOVE this photo. The epitome of Palm Springs chic. Love it even more when pieces in a home have a story behind them. This is so special.

Anonymous said...

Love Slim Aarons.
Which kind of print did you choose? I would like to buy the same print but they have so many options, I have hard time choosing .
Thank you for your help.

Eman sherkawy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig