Friday, April 12, 2013

Activity


With what has quite possibly seemed like the longest week ever finally wrapping up, I wanted to check in to bring you a few updates and wish you a happy weekend.

I didn't intend to take a little blogging hiatus this week, but Dylan's passing has been a tough one to choke back and I just didn't have it in me to blog about pretty this week.

Instead, I did what I rarely if ever do- gave myself space and exactly what my mind and body needed, when it needed it. That's not to say I've been balled up on the couch for the entirety of the week. Quite the contrary. Off hours were spent listening to my favorite music, eating well, staining our outdoor fence and walking local nurseries just before they closed their gates each evening. I've acquired quite the collection of plants, now all lined up on the patio and ready to go into the ground this weekend. Finally- a yard with actual plants!

I'll be snapping away all weekend on Instagram. Be sure you are following Holtwood Hipster to see the yard finally come together.

Here's wishing you a happy weekend.

SHARE:

2 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I'm glad you are taking the time to mend. Its so much better to take the time to mourn, remember, reminisce, ponder....helps the healing process. I'm glad you have your garden project to keep you focused. If I'm not following you already I will on Instagram. Those plants are soooo beautiful :)

celine [starbies and sangrias] said...

So sad to hear about your loss. Thinking of you, and glad you have the garden to focus on...it will be a beautiful space for you to relax in all summer. xoxo

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig