Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Playful Patterns // Geometric Tiles

Cathy Kincaid
Ask anybody who knows me well and they will tell you that I'm most certainly in the go big or go home camp. While I'm a bit predictable in that way, I've always loved that I can still surprise with just the right grand statement. 

I've been exploring ways to update both bathrooms in the house and in my searching, I've become a little enamored with the effect of bold, angular and geometric tile work.  I've always gravitated to paper- it's a definitely more wallet friendly and given the fact that I am prone to changing my mind often, a couple of rolls on the wall would be an easier sell to The Mister. 

Oh but look what can be achieved if by some masterful tile work! 


Can I tell you how much I love this Dandelion tile by Marrakech Design. The color here is called 'lawnmilk' and while I would not normally go for green, I think the color and pattern combo is crazy good here. If I want to play it a little safer, there is also a grey/white color way.


Don't even get me started on the hexagon penny tile by Datile used in this remarkable bathroom. From a distance, I see ikat. 


These ceramic stone tiles by Daniel Becker radiate heat. If we lived in a cooler climate, these might be perfectly used lining the wall nearest the tub.

Ann Sacks |  Maria LladoArquitetura Paralela
Some of these designs are all-in-one pieces, while others are composed like works of art to create the desired pattern. I'd shower in the middle one any day of the week thank you.

AKDO
Kelly Wearstler

I also favor the deco spirit of the three above. But despite the consistency of the triangular pattern, these are at home in very different settings. My favorite is the black and white version photographed by Idha Lindhag for Elle Decor above, laid against the warm wood countertop and sleek gold faucet.

6 comments:

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

I love them all....that green dandelion is pretty amazing....and this last one are my faves!!

supremebathrefinishing said...

Great site! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more.looking for more updates.

Kristen said...

LOVE this idea! So custom. I'd love to do something with marble!

Trissta {Living on the Chic} said...

Oooh! I do like those ones that radiate heat! All of the designs are super great and I'm loving all the graphics. Definitely a great post!

Much Love,
Trissta

Hannah said...

Love them all. Black and white geometric with gold is a killer combo.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

jackie jade said...

wow these are all so awesome! our bathroom is too tiny to bother redoing, but i would love soemthing bold and graphic in a bigger bathroom.
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com