Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hot for Hardware

I'm always surprised at what a little paint and some new hardware can do for an aging piece of furniture. A bright hue and some shiny pulls can really elevate what would otherwise be an average piece of stained pine or less expensive piece. I'm currently in the process of making over several pieces of furniture, which have required a lot of hardware sourcing of late. Today, I thought I'd share the direction I'm looking to take with some of those projects.

I'm focused on updating two smallish dressers for my nieces and nephew. The first will take an unfinished pine bureau and transform it with a little dark blue paint and some big boy pulls from Anthropologie. I spotted these fixed rope handles on a recent visit and thought they'd work perfectly with some of the vintage baseball paraphernalia he has displayed in his room.  

My nieces share a room and will get a sassy little side table makeover, compliments of some orangey-red paint and long lusted after O'verlays. I'll finish the drawers off with probably my favorite pulls of all time by Lewis Dolin.


I recently stumbled upon this collection of bronzed bathroom beauties by Amerock. In my opinion, these are maj. If I have my way, we're going to toss the Ikea fixtures we threw up temporarily to the curb and go in this modern, gilded and sculptural direction. 

There is larger dresser in my nieces' room that I think just needs some touch up paint and some new knobs to bring it current. How about these beauties from Anthro? I had these in my hand on my last trip and had a very hard time walking out of the store without them. My own master armoire will get a lift with the two-toned knobs below, another set I could not put down. Finally, I've been really hung up on these homemade leather pulls and perhaps it's a little cart before the horse, but I've been madly looking for a place to incorporate them. Project nook might end up wearing these handsome straps.

SHARE:

1 comment

Kristen said...

Your niece and nephews dressers are going to be amazing. Post pictures! Seriously drooling over that bathroom hardware!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig