Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Little Nature Tied In


We're about a week out from the big Thanksgiving feast here in The States and my mind is not only on turkey, but my holiday gift wrap. Too soon you say? Perhaps. But it's amazing how the weeks will begin to fly by this season- they already have. My plan is to get a jump on my packaging theme this year in order to eliminate any last minute headaches. I'm hoping to enjoy every minute of these fleeting festive weeks.

While I consider what thoughtful theme to go with for the packages under my tree, I'm noticing a real trend on the interwebs towards incorporating seasonal greenery into holiday packaging. Today I'm sharing a few modern takes on what could otherwise be a rustic motif.



This look is achieved with clean, simple packaging. Neutral, solid colored papers work best to highlight the green embellishments. No fussy bows and ribbons. Modern typefaces identify the recipients. 

Holly and cedar really say "holiday". But rosemary, sage, thyme and boxwood would also work nicely. If I end up going this route, I think I'd even be partial to small swag of olive knotted into bakers twine.

While expense might ultimately have been spared in the finished product, it will be clear to whoever receives these that your time and thought went into tying off each and every package.




1 // 2 // 3 // 4 

SHARE:

2 comments

Kristen said...

One of my favorite parts about this season is seriously choosing my gift wrap theme! Love the look of this!

designstiles said...

my sister and I are throwing a wrapping party this year and I've been thinking of new ways to wrap. That second image is so simple and pretty. I'll have to remember that one.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig