Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Security

We planned ahead and hired security to guard the gifts around the tree this year. 

When I spotted those gold patterned beasts that Heodeza made earlier this year, I knew that somehow I had to work them into our holiday decor. What a better place to parade this intimidating bunch than around the base of our tree? 

Interested in making your own? I have a little tip to share. With all the painted plastic figurines floating around the interwebs these days, I had been pricing these out pretty extensively of late. Cost per animal was easily coming in around $6-10, which was turning what would otherwise be a fun DIY on the fly into an expensive endeavor. I nearly gave up on this project when I happened to stumble upon some rather large sized animals in the dollar bins at my local Target.  To my surprise, I scored these 6" figures for just $3 a piece!

SHARE:

2 comments

Kristen said...

Nice! Love the idea of this! It's like they are guarding the presents from sneaky recipients!

Trissta said...

Haha I love it! I remember seeing them too and thought that it was a super smart idea! I love what you've done with them.

Much Love,
Trissta

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig