Monday, May 7, 2012

Glass Half Full



I got just the right mix of relaxation and productivity over the weekend and woke up this morning really feeling like my glass is half full.

CELEBRATED. Spent the afternoon and evening catching up at a friend's fabulous Cinco de Mayo fete. 'Course, we cheered on our favorite ponies and threw back a julep or two with our tacos as well.   I'm usually in full-on hostess mode at our gatherings and it was just so nice to sit and sip this time around.  And what a party it was. My face hurt from so much smiling. Shout out to my friend Laura for being the hostess with the mostest...

ACCOMPLISHED. Saturday morning and the whole of the day Sunday was spent scratching some stuff off that to-do list. Lots of weeding and prepping around these parts. New plants and paint (!) will soon grace our abode. My hands and arms are still smarting from pulling out nearly 100 rusty nails from our eaves. I bet they've been hanging there since the first Christmas Holtwood House ever saw back in '67.  I also nearly finished the new drapery panels for my office. Can't wait to reveal them in all their graphic glory to you later this week.

CLEANSED. Last week I battled through a mini-cleanse. It was rough. I felt pretty awful the entire week. But I woke Saturday feeling stronger and more energized than I've felt in quite some time. True, Saturday's celebration may have derailed me (just slightly), but I was back on that horse, eating clean and taking care of the ol' bod by Sunday morning. I feel committed. Food as fuel and not as entertainment. I may just ride that mantra right into a bikini this summer.

There are a lot of topics I've been chewing on of late and I hope to strike up a conversation with you all about them this week. Until then, here's wishing you a fabulous start to a new week...


SHARE:

2 comments

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So glad you are feeling great today, Erin! I kind of woke up with a similar "go-getter" type attitude, so cheers to positivity! It sounds like your party was lots of fun. Have a great week lovely!

Jessica said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I love that pic!!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig