Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jet Setting


I think it was embedded in me right from the start. This urgent hunger that creeps up every now and again that must be fed. When I was a little girl, my uncle would take my sister and I to the airport. There was this little area right off the runway at LAX where you could park and a descending plane would fly, engines screaming right overhead. I swear if you reached your hand out just far enough you could touch it's belly. We would sit for hours as he schooled us in the various makes and models of each one. I grew up dreaming I'd be an airline stewardess.



It's back. It's been back for quite some time but I'm finding it harder and harder to ignore. I always say a trip abroad is good for the soul. It reminds us that there is a great big world out there and that the myopic worries that weigh so heavy on us at home are really minuscule when we travel outside our comfort zone and see just how small an island we really live on each day.

Maybe it's just that darn Pan Am TV show making me daydream about the few, but stylish accessories I'd take with me on my next adventure.


Via: Pinterest / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
SHARE:

No comments

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig