Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekday Siesta + Plans for a Backyard Hammock

I know it's only Tuesday and many of us have just enjoyed a long holiday weekend, but who's up for a little weekday siesta? I know just the place... 

As far as I'm concerned, there are few things as transportive as a hammock. There is a little 10 room hotel out in the California desert where one summer not too long ago, The Mister and I retreated to after a particularly long and stressful work week. We arrived wired, tired and disconnected. But I'll always remember how quickly that all dissipated once we eyed the hammock the hotel had stretched out between two trees by the pool. We couldn't throw down our luggage and kick off our shoes fast enough. Together we climbed in and just like that, we were somewhere else, far, far away... just the two of us. 

Inspiration Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
In our never-ending quest to make our home truly a retreat for ourselves, we've continued to work on the poolside layout and have made plans to incorporate a hammock. There are so many to choose from, but I've personally got my heart set on one of these beauties:

Veronica Colindres on Etsy




SHARE:

3 comments

Kristen said...

OK perfect timing. I just asked the hubby yesterday if he wanted to place a hammock in the small grassy space we have in our yard. It seriously got him so excited! And thanks for doing all the footwork, these are beautiful.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Oh wao!! these are spectacular. I need to bookmark this etsy shop. I always gre-up with hammocks around...I'm from Venezuela....so they are part of our yards and weekend getaway homes. In love with this wide ones!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

ok...just checked out the prices....never in my life have I seen such a good deal! I can't believe it...and such beautiful color combinations. A great find!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig