Thursday, October 23, 2014

ONE ROOM CHALLENGE // WEEK 4


Week 4 of the One Room Challenge never fails to sneak up on you. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that just yesterday, I was feeling pretty darn confident about where I am in the course of this 6-week makeover event, brought to us all by the lovely Linda of Calling it Home. But then I woke up this morning in a sheer panic, knowing I'd have to give an update and share some of the details on my progress. Funny how that happened. Never underestimate the emotional challenge of the One Room Challenge. 

So let's chat about where things are here in our master bedroom makeover during Week 4.
 First off, what would I do without my Pops. I mean... look at the grand entrance he made for us by tricking out our double doors with a little trim. It's such a pretty little surprise to behold and flows nicely from the adjacent hallway into our newly paneled master.

I've been putting in a lot of sweat equity myself, creating and building some of the furniture that I've envisioned for this space. Custom built pieces from the trade are sadly not in my budget. I may end up saving for something down the road. But the ORC is the perfect opportunity to hone some of my DIY skills. I can tell you that as of right now, I have a project hanging in the balance that may not be coming to fruition as smoothly as I imagined. But I am pressing on with a second attempt and if not, will put Plan B into action. 

I'm a bit of an overachiever. But one of the things on my wish list is "better functionality" and well, I just couldn't live in this newly updated master without addressing the chaos that lay just beyond the broken closet doors. So I took on that area and gussied it up with my charcoal paint and some brass brackets. I'm pretty giddy about how it all turned out and guess what... I've discovered that I actually do have some nicer clothes to wear other than my ORC uniform after all.

These next two weeks will fly by and I'll be posting regular updates on Instagram. Are you following along? You can also catch up on previous weeks here:




Be sure to check out all my insanely talented web-mates linking in over at Calling it Home.


SHARE:

8 comments

mrs. V | Chez V said...

The trim work is still knocking my socks off. I have a small trim project slated for my bathroom doors but am too intimidated to even begin, what with my looming list. You have motivated me. Have enjoyed watching this makeover!

celine@aquahaus said...

I cannot believe everything you've done. The trim work is insane. You are creating the coziest, sexiest, chicest bedroom/ closet ever. Well done my friend.

The Pink Pagoda said...

Wow look at what you've done, the closet looks great Erin! I love the trim, so impressed! Your post is making me so antsy for week 6!!

Unknown said...

I am DEAD over your doors...obsessed with how you applied the moulding and the contrast of it against the modern handles. And of course, so in love with that dark paint! This is going to be gooooooood!!!!!

Ange said...

For a moment I thought the wood was gold on my screen, that would be amazing too but I the moulding really makes a big difference! I ended up painting our master closet with our accent wall color this week as well. Excited to see your DIY projects, we are going to make a tufted headboard this weekend so hopefully ours goes as planned too!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Don't doubt yourself. You are going to finish in fashion. Love the moody closet.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Your doors!! OMG so good! and your closet! Dying....this will be insane...good thing I only have to wait another week for the reveal!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

can you please please please tell us more about the bed. that was kiiiiiiiiiiiiller in this room and I need details. are you planning to post a tutorial later or WHAT? LOL :)

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig