Friday, December 20, 2013

Radical Dude // This Tree Wants to Party


We're a little late in the game to get the tree up this year - but it's all with good intention. You see, we're planning ourselves quite the shindig to ring in the New Year and decided we'd take our traditional Christmas tree right on into 2014. As such, we're really riding this theme of coloring outside the lines and made this tree merry and very bright. It's already dressed to party.


We were able to parlay many of the black ornaments we typically use. But the neon brights called for a little handiwork. I spent a good week painting, taping and spraying in various neon hues to strike just the right balance. I disappeared last Saturday night only to return from Home Depot with a bag full of neon string and plastic chain and I have to admit, when all was said and done, I got a little thrill garnishing the tree with our eccentrically electric garland. It just gave the tree the right amount of something... 


I've had fun this week decking the rest of the halls in a wee bit of neon. I'm even breaking my own rule of keeping the wrap under wraps until Christmas in sharing with you now, the scheme we went with this year. See... coloring outside the lines. It may just become a part of everyday life in 2014.




SHARE:

10 comments

Thehouseofhampton said...

That tree is amazing! Seriously, what a great idea. Love the neon and black. Take it into the new year and enjoy!
(I think everyone I know is behind this year).
Sharon

jackie jade said...

wow your tree and presents look SO amazing! love the fun colors.
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Trissta said...

Whew! Neon! I love it, and it definitely seems like everyone is on this trend this year. One day I'll try my hand at it when I have my own tree. (Really, I'm much to lazy to do so as a single, college student) Ps Your windows look pretty awesome.

Much Love,
Trissta

Sadie + Stella said...

You had THE most amazing tree I have ever seen in my life!

Noah liam said...

Great job on this article! I'm intrigued with your thoughts on this subject as well as your writing skills. I like it when I can tell a writer has poured him/herself into an article. CBD Display Box

thomasjack said...

I appreciate your post thanks for sharing the information.
personalized Cosmetic boxes
small Cosmetic Display boxes

thomasjack said...

Index
Index
Index
Index
Index
Index
Index
Index
Index
Index

thomasjack said...

Good blog thanks for sharing the information.
Low MOQ Lingerie Boxes in USA
personalize Underwear Invitation Boxes

Serina johson said...

Good blog thanks for sharing the information.
Tie boxes Indiana
Hair Extension boxes Arkansas

Olivia said...

Avail exclusive designs for custom Sleeve Boxes wholesalewholesale from PackHit today. We offer free perks like flexible MOQs, affordable prices, and free shipping.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig