Friday, March 14, 2014

This Week // Spotted, Noted + Accomplished


I'm writing up this post with my favorite coffee cup in hand (do you have a favorite too?) and looking forward to a pretty full weekend - one that will bring some long awaited changes around the house and some family dinners around our table. I've spent the last couple of evenings planning out meals and grocery lists. It's always fun to design a dinner party - even those that are informal like the two we'll be hosting in the coming days. 

The past week was full and productive as well, with a bit of leisure woven in amongst the work nights - just like it should be. We beat the Monday blues by taking a trip to Disneyland that night and it was there that I saw the most amazing vertical garden overlooking the patio of the new 5,600sf Starbucks that opened (just that morning!) up at Downtown Disney. I must've taken a dozen pictures of it with the hope of recreating something similar back home. Starbucks and Disney - when superpowers unite.

Here are a few of the other things I spotted, took note of and got accomplished over the last 7 days.
  • Sam's post had me re-thinking some of my bad habits. 
  • I've also been thinking about committing to learn another language. This post was a good reminder.
  • You guys, Home Goods has just been killing it lately. I've even been lucky enough to score some Jonathan Adler goodies on my last couple of trips.
  • I finally completed the concrete countertop for our dining area bar. I'll be sure to share the (exciting!) results next week.
  • I've made a note to shake up this cocktail at said dining room bar.
So that's it for this week! Those two long awaited days off are finally upon us! Here's wishing you the very best for yours...  



SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

Hearing about so many ladies' HomeGoods finds is absolutely KILLING me! We need one in Tulsa stat.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig