Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Project In Progress // Metallic Linen Pillows


With the living room now washed in a bright white paint job, my attentions have turned to incorporating more neutral accessories into our living room. With the gray walls gone and the lamps upgraded to white, I'm really feeling a simple, clean palette in that space. To help lighten up our extra large charcoal gray sectional, I've been kicking around the idea of a pillows in various white, ivory and cream hues, a mismatched collection in various textures all tied together with one common denominator- metallic linen. 

I've found myself running into a typical problem of mine: I settle on something I really want and then can not for the life of me find it. I've seen some close runner ups on Anthro and West Elm and was a little shocked to find pillows upwards of $200 on other sites - I know it's par for the course as these things go, it's just not in my budget- especially not in the quantity I'm aiming for.  So I have resolved to find my own solution and will re-open the pillow factory at the kitchen table once more.

I've been meaning to try my hand at some painted textiles anyway. I think this is a safe enough endeavor to experiment a bit and see what I can come up with.  I'll be mixing and matching with some metallic linen yardage I've been lucky enough to find at Avisa Fabrics through Etsy. Gray Line Linens in New York has some affordable options as well. I'm probably going to order a few swatches from each to see how they will pair with the sofa and with each other before taking the plunge.

More to come on this project. Cross your fingers for me.
SHARE:

4 comments

Unknown said...

Fingers are crossed! I'm sure they will turn out beautifully.

Kristen said...

Oh I love this idea! Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm on the hunt for the perfect neutral and metallic pillows as well!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I love the direction you are going on here!! My eyes have hearts in them. These will be fabulous! as all your DIYs are!

customized gifts for him said...

I love the direction you are going on here!! My eyes have hearts in them. These will be fabulous! as all your DIYs are!
personalized baby keepsakes
unique gifts for her
valentines day gifts for him
personalized Crystal Glass gifts for mom

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig