Monday, July 16, 2012

Stretching Into a New Week


I read recently that sitting more than three hours a day will shave two years off your life. As someone who sits in front of a computer screen all day to earn my living, that's pretty unwelcome news. I've never really been a couch potato in my off time (I can honestly say that our living room couch gets more action from the dog than The Mister and I). But instead of turning off my monitor to run about the house and clean or do projects every night like I'm prone to do, I'm working to integrate a little more "me" time into my standard routine and try better to take care of the old bod. She's been pretty good to me thus far. Tonight, that means I'm headed out to my first yoga class. I know millions of people world-wide are out there stretching and posing all day long, but I find myself a little intimidated. Trying something new is always a little scary. But I can't even touch my toes.

So I gave myself two short term yoga goals to help me stay motivated.


ONE. // Use this time to breathe fully and decompress from the day. 

TWO. // Touch toes.

I aim high, don't I?

Wish me luck!

* Image Via
SHARE:

1 comment

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I agree- that's very unwelcoming news- I am sitting all day! :( At least I have recently started doing Cross Fit?! Good luck on your yoga goals! :)

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig