Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Project Update // Entry-way Tile


Today, I thought I'd post an update to #projectfail and the entry-way disaster I shared with you last week. Some of you had asked what our next move would be. We've considered nixing the tile completely in lieu of acid washed concrete in our foyer, but have now flipped back to an updated take on tile for this space. Though we both really like that clean, no-fuss look, I think a lot of our concrete dreams may have been budget driven to begin with. But researching that option showed a polished concrete surface would still come at a hefty expense. Still, my hesitation on tile in the first place was that I wanted to get away from the standard square tile entry you see in many of the homes around us. I want something a little more remarkable for our 100 square feet and with just a little more digging, I was finally lured back to tile by the promise of so many cool tile options that now exist out there.

So we're circling around the directions above.

The plank-style may end up being most affordable, though if possible, I'd like to see a little less grout in our final outcome. A lighter, geometric tile would be a fun spin and would tie in with a lot of what we have going on throughout the house. I've only scratched the surface here, but my initial impression is that this might be a little tougher to source locally. Ideally, we go with a polished multi-toned herringbone plank, one that seamlessly feathers together with no grout-lines. The style and color above would be exactly what I would want if the sky was the limit. So perhaps we'll start there and see what options exist (if any) within our price range. For now, we will live with the dated tile as is and avoid anymore painted disasters. I'm still nursing some wounds over that one. 
SHARE:
© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig